The Board of Cancerkin is delighted to announce the appointment of Victoria Todd as Chief Executive. Victoria Todd will bring to the post her extensive experience of charity management and governance, campaigning and lobbying, and fundraising. While much of Victoria’s career has been spent in the world of the arts – she was formerly Director of the National Campaign for the Arts for 8 years – she has also had both professional and personal experience in the world of health. In her last job in the international development sector as Director she was much involved in the Fund’s work on HIV/Aids in Africa. Like many she is sadly familiar with cancer as she has had friends who have had breast cancer or other cancers. She has also had extensive experience of the NHS as a user.
The Board was keen to find a Chief Executive who could: build innovatively on the achievements of Cancerkin to date; create constructive partnerships and lead the organisation to a position where it can support and help an increasing number of sufferers from breast cancer. Victoria’s passionate commitment to the aims and ethos of Cancerkin together with her lobbying and advocacy experience and political engagement are highly valued by the Board.
Mr. Santilal Parbhoo, Founder of Cancerkin and Chair of the Board said: “We are delighted to appoint Victoria Todd as Chief Executive of Cancerkin. She will bring not only her wide experience but a fresh eye to Cancerkin’s work. Her commitment and enthusiasm will extend Cancerkin’s horizons.”
Victoria Todd said, “I am delighted to become Chief Executive of Cancerkin. I have had a personal commitment to women’s health over a number of years, and I very much admire the way in which Cancerkin supports women with breast cancer. I look forward to developing its work further with the help and support of the Board”
Notes for Editors:
(1) Cancerkin is a unique breast cancer charity at the Royal Free Hospital serving the Greater London area and beyond. Treat the patient, not just the cancer, has always been our maxim. Cancerkin objectives are:
- to provide information, treatment, supportive care and rehabilitation for patients with breast cancer and support for those close to them
- to offer education and training for health professionals, students and volunteers
- to undertake and collaborate in research into breast cancer and benign breast disease
- to evolve with the changing management of breast cancer in order make the very best use of our funding, staff and volunteer time.
(2) Victoria Todd was Director of the National Campaign for the Arts (NCA) from 1998 until 2006 before leaving to work in the international development sector. She grew the NCA into a strong, active and vocal advocate for all the arts. Prior to that, she was Director of the Council for Dance Education and Training where she introduced a system of accreditation for vocational dance schools and campaigned successfully for Government funding for dance (and drama) students. Previously she was Director of the United Kingdom Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works, and worked at the Tate Gallery and UNESCO. Her responsibilities have included coordinating local, national and international projects, as well as lobbying for changes in government policy. Victoria is the Chair of Akademi – South Asian Dance UK, an Honorary Fellow of Trinity-Laban London, a trustee of the Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust and a Koestler Foundation Arts mentor.
(3) For further information please contact Alice Boyle on 020 7830 2323 or email@example.com